International des feux Loto-Québec : interruption of service road circulation and suspension of railway traffic
L'international des Feux Loto-Québec 2022, or the Montreal International Fireworks Competition, will be held again this year at La Ronde on l'ile Sainte-Hélène on the following dates:
Thursday, June 29 (cancelled)
Thursday, July 6
Thursday, July 13
Thursday, July 20
Thursday, July 27
Sunday, July 30
Thursday, August 3
Thursday, August 10
As in previous years, we will need to close the upper section of the port, i.e. interrupt service road circulation and suspend railway traffic in order to ensure the public's safety.
Consequently, please be advised of the following:
- Between 18:00 and 24:00 on each day of the above-mentioned events, the interchange of railcars with both major railways will be suspended completely and we ask you to adjust your requirements accordingly.
Shunting service east of the Pie IX entrance will be available as usual but efficiency will depend on crowd interference. Furthermore, all efforts will be made· to deliver railcars to the terminals before 6 p.m.. We will maintain train crews on standby to deliver railcars, if required, as soon as the crowd is dispersed at the end of each fireworks display.
2. ln addition, between 9 p.m. and 11 p.m., we will refuse access to all vehicles on the port service road, without exception, between Berri and Pie IX.
3. Please be advised to adjust your requirements according with regards to longshoremen and trucking.
4. Terminal operators must take extra precautions to protect their premises and equipment, in particular between sections 25 and 46, where most of the crowd is expected to congregate.
5. No vessel will be allowed to berth between sections 28 and 32 during the fireworks.
We are seeking your co-operation to advise. Our Harbour Master's Control Centre at 514 283-7022 of the arrival or departure of any ship intending to berth at any of these sections in order to avoid obliging a vessel to shift its location.
If a vessel is berthed at one of the above sections before the beginning of the fireworks, MPA could require said vessel to move to another section, at its own expense, for the duration of the fireworks.