How it works
Restricted Area 1 (R1) port pass
Any individual requiring access to a marine facility must hold a valid port pass. To obtain a Restricted Area 1 (R1) port pass, the applicant will be required to:
- Submit the duly completed original copy of the form in person at the time of registration
- Submit a facial photograph to the Registrar Office
Submit two pieces of identification:
- Driver’s licence
- Quebec health insurance card
- Any government-issued photo ID (passport, citizenship card, firearms license, etc.)
- Two IDs that count as one, such as a birth certificate, any government issued non-photo ID (declaration of naturalization, military card, etc.), employer’s photo ID.
Unacceptable ID: social insurance card, credit cards, library or municipal services card, merchant or social club cards, private company ID card
- Make payment in cash, by Visa, MasterCard or debit card; if the organization does business with the Montreal Port Authority, the payment may be invoiced directly.
Restricted Area 2 (R2) port pass
In addition to the R1 port pass requirements, the applicant will need a marine transportation clearance from Transport Canada and will:
- Complete the official transportation security clearance form and the consent form
- Present an original birth certificate and/or a citizenship certificate and that of his/her spouse
- Present his/her passport
- Submit to fingerprinting and to another facial photograph.
The R2 port pass will only be issued upon confirmation of the security clearance by Transport Canada.
Refer to the detailed instructions: