Donations and sponsorship
The Port of Montreal is committed to fulfilling its role of civic responsibility. It supports a number of organizations, focusing in particular on the neighbourhoods bordering its operations in Montreal and Contrecœur, and on our First Nations partners.
The organizations we support
The Port of Montreal supports about 70 organizations or projects each year, including the Antre-Jeunes de Mercier-Est youth services centre, the Sentier urbain vegetable garden, Jeunes musiciens du monde, Village au Pied-du-Courant public gathering site, Colonie des Grèves public space in Contrecoeur, and the Technopole maritime and Eco-Maris education program.
Eligibility criteria for financial support
To qualify for our community investment policy, the organization must have the potential to create a positive impact in at least one of these three sectors:
- Socio-economic development of Montreal, the Contrecœur region and/or our First Nations partners
- Support for youth training and development
- Fighting climate change
The organization must meet the following criteria:
- The organization has official status and a registration number as a non-profit organization or government agency.
- The activity for which the organization is requesting a donation or sponsorship will be held on the territory of Greater Montreal, including Contrecœur and the province.
- The recipient of the request is a group of individuals (not a single individual).
- The organization demonstrates sound management and can provide audited annual financial statements upon request, if necessary.
- The organization has a board of directors with a majority of independent members.
- The organization agrees that the MPA may make public its association with the activity or organization
How to apply for support
Please refer to the downloadable document GUIDELINES for the administrative procedures to be followed.
Complete the request form.