Summer 2023 in the Port of Montreal community
It will be a festive summer at the Port of Montreal! Through its Community Investment Policy, the Port of Montreal supports 50+ projects run by various organizations.
Here’s a sample of our partners’ activities this summer:
- From June 22 to September 10, the Village au Pied-du-Courant features an urban beach, a play zone, a relaxation area and all kinds of activities.
- From July 11 to August 15, Croisières patrimoniales sur le fleuve heritage cruises on the river feature guided tours by history specialists and provide a unique opportunity to discover the river’s wealth of history and beauty.
- Starting June 22, the summer exhibition Il était une fois nos commerces presents surprising aspects of local business history in Contrecœur.
- From June 29 to August 26, Balades historiques en vélo-pousse local history tours by pedicab are provided by the Atelier d’histoire Mercier–Hochelaga-Maisonneuve and the Société d’animation de la Promenade Bellerive.
- From August 5 to 12, the Diableries de Contrecœur festival celebrating the legend of the flying canoe presents eight days of shows and activities.
- From August 17 to 20, the Desgagnés Kayak Challenge fundraising challenge for Jeunes musiciens du monde features a kayak race on the St. Lawrence between Montreal and Quebec City, in which a team of four employees from the MPA is participating.
- On August 19, the Un char pis une barge mini-festival brings musical performances, micro-breweries and local food to the banks of the river.