Work is schedule to begin in Summer 2019
Design and planning phase.
Mandate awarded to the engineering firm CIMA+.
$18.4 million in financial support granted by the Government of Canada to optimize its intermodal network under the National Trade Corridors Fund.
$18.3 million in financial support granted by the Government of Quebec under its Maritime Strategy.
- Total project cost estimated at $50 million.
- The Port of Montreal’s rail network currently has close to 100 km of railways to serve all 14 terminals. Every year, it supports 2,500 km of rail cars.
- An increase in rail freight capacity to support the growth of the Canadian economy.
- Laying 6 km of rail tracks
- Complementary works developing the internal rail network.
- Relocating the Port road (sewer, water supply system, electricity network along with the road)