The Grand Quay of the Port of Montreal, including Promenade d'Iberville and Commencement Square, will remain open during the work. The work will not disrupt cruise terminal operations.
Opening of the observation tower close to the riverfront.
- February 1, 2020 to August 30, 2020: Steel structure assembly
- March 15, 2020 to January 31, 2021: Outer envelope
- April 1, 2020 to July 31, 2020: Exterior layout and landscaping
- April 1, 2020 to May 1,2021: Interior finishing
- July 15, 2019 to November 1, 2019: Foundation construction
- November 1, 2019 to June 30, 2020: Concreting the structures:
June 3, 2018 : Public opening of the Port of Montreal’s Grand Quay.
The final concept was designed following public consultations and many meetings with key partners from the economic, tourism and political arenas as well as stakeholders committed to Montreal’s harmonious development, by the architectural firm Provencher Roy.
The MPA thanks the Government of Quebec and the City of Montreal for their contribution to this great project.
July 31, 2018 — The Port of Montreal unveils its summer programming
June 4, 2018 — Public opening of the Port of Montreal’s Grand Quay: A big family party made it a grand success!
May 5, 2018 — Big family party on June 3 at the Port of Montreal’s Grand Quay, a unique new site for cruise passengers, tourists and all residents of Greater Montreal
June 10, 2017 — The Port of Montreal welcomes the first ship at its new cruise terminal
Watch the video of the project
History of Ships Exhibition
Check out the Grand Quay page